Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Wholesale Purchases
Please read the below set of terms and conditions. By placing an order through this website you are agreeing to the terms below which will apply to any purchase made through this website or by any other means.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you confirm that you are:
- a registered and genuine customer of East West Army Surplus Ltd (hereafter referred to as ‘EWAS’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’)
- are a registered business or about to set up as such
These Terms and Conditions, which apply to all sales and purchases, were most recently updated on 17th August 2015
- All purchases made via EWAS are governed by these Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions governing any purchase will be those in effect at the date of your order. We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. If you place an order after we have published any changes you will be bound by the changes.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your order as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to the registered e-mail address provided.
- Availability and Pricing
- The prices quoted are indicative/guide prices only.
- Prices quoted exclude VAT. Where applicable, VAT will be added to invoices.
- Prices are liable to change without prior notice.
- The precise order cost cannot be determined upon checkout and final order cost will be advised including additional costs such as VAT and shipping.
- Please check the dates of availability of any offers before purchasing. Products are subject to availability. If your order is not available we will endeavour to inform you at the earliest opportunity.
- If you would like us to deliver a substitute line should selected lines be unavailable, email email@example.com
- Minimum spend, payments and shipping
- Minimum spend of £150 applies to all wholesale orders, excluding VAT and shipping costs.
- We reserve the right to cancel an order if it does not meet the minimum spend requirements. Claiming misunderstanding of the wholesale minimum spend will not be accepted as the minimum spend is clearly stated in these Terms and Conditions.
- Payment for orders will be according to the trading terms that have been agreed in advance. Payment may be made by cash, credit/debit card, PayPal (Surcharge of 5%), bank transfer and approved credit account. EWAS reserves the right to refuse delivery if these terms are not adhered to.
- The debit and credit cards accepted by us are those listed on the web site on the date on which your order is placed. Credit card transactions may be liable to a surcharge, determined by our service providers.
- You agree to compensate us in full against all reasonable costs expenses and outgoings incurred by us in obtaining payments from you in the event a failed payment occurs. This will include an administration charge of not less than £15. We may at any time after a failed payment has occurred ask a debt collection agency to collect payment from you.
- Unpaid invoices may be charged at a rate of £10 per day.
- Prices are excluding shipping. Shipping costs will be calculated upon receipt of order.
- Delivery will be made to your registered address, unless specified in the notes.
- Delivery will be made only to an adult aged 18 years or over.
- Delivery dates, times and charges will be determined by EWAS and our shipping providers prior to the order being sent out. Delivery times, where agreed, are approximate only.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that delivery will be accepted upon arrival and a suitable person is available at the delivery address at all times during the agreed date and time.
- If no one is at the address when delivery is attempted the goods may be retained by us. Any goods ordered via the EWAS website, will remain the property of EWAS.
- Should you fail to be present for your delivery we are entitled to charge you in full for the price of the items contained in your order and the cost of delivery.
- All items must be checked off at time of delivery and queries reported to the delivery driver immediately. No discrepancies will be accepted if goods are not checked off at time of delivery.
- All goods remain the property of EWAS until payment has been made in full and received in full by EWAS.
- Wholesale, Business to Business, bulk and trade orders are not covered by distance selling regulations, Sale of Goods Act or Supply of Goods and Services Act. Implied contractual obligations lies with the purchaser.
- Goods may be returned, if agreed by EWAS, at the purchasers cost.
- Goods are sold in surplus condition, unless otherwise stated or requested. Returns on products will not be accepted unless prior permission has been granted. Most goods are purchased used.
- Many surplus goods are not new and are bought in their original condition. Buyers accept products may vary from images shown. No guarantee / warranty is given or implied with regard to any item.
- Claims for shortages in the order, damaged goods or incorrect goods must be notified to EWAS quoting your customer number and order number within 24 hours of delivery.
- Goods may not be returned without a collection note or valid paid invoice.
- Website service.
- The website may be unavailable at certain times to allow EWAS to perform maintenance. EWAS reserves the right to alter the service at any time and also reserves the right to refuse website access to any customer without giving a reason.
7. Customer Complaints
- If you have any comments or complaints on or about our services, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Warranty and Liability
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will restrict our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, breach of contract or breach of statutory duty.
- In addition, we will not be deemed to be in breach of contract or of these Terms and Conditions as a result of any delay in our performance or failure to perform our obligations if that delay or failure to perform is due to any cause or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, fire, flood and other acts of nature, strikes, riot, accident, disruption to energy supplies, civil commotion, acts of terrorism or war, breakdown of equipment, road traffic problems.
- EWAS is constantly monitoring and checking the information on this website while we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties in relation to its accuracy. Where precise information is important to you on a branded line, please contact the manufacturer or our sales team.
- Where product descriptions contains a link to another party’s website, please note that EWAS does not vet these websites and has no control over their contents. EWAS cannot accept any liability in respect of the use of those websites.
- EWAS makes every effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it won't cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website and screen out anything that may damage it. EWAS shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
- Other than as set out above, our maximum liability arising out of any order for the supply of goods to you under this contract will be limited to the price of the goods contained in that order.
- Account Security
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. EWAS shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The content of this website is owned or licensed by EWAS. This material includes, but is not limited to, photos, images, layout, graphics, look and appearance. The content of the site is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights and any such rights will remain vested in EWAS.
East West Army Surplus Ltd. VAT Number 865 807 1. Company registered address:
Clarence Street Chambers, 32 Clarence St, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 1BD
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the users computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the users interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
[ http://www.google.com/privacy.html ].
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy url's [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened url's published on social media platforms by this website and it's owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine url's are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and it's owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
Edited & customised by: East West Army Surplus Ltd, company registered address - Clarence Street Chambers, 32 Clarence St, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 1BD